Korg DW-8000 Patches
Here are a whole bunch of patches for the Korg DW-8000. They came from a
bunch of old patchblock files I had sitting around from the Korg ProEdit for
DW-8000 Patch Editor (Macintosh, circa 1987), which I wrote and Korg sold back
in the day. (The only known existing copy is shown pictured to the right.) I
found the source code to ProEdit and these patchblock files, and wrote a new
program in C#/.NET to convert them to the SysEx files (along with the HTML and
Cubase SX Device files) given here. We all know that the world is a better
place with free patches. Especially ones I never thought I'd hear again.
Here's some tips for getting these patches into your DW-8000:
- Back up your DW-8000 to tape, UniSyn, Cubase, or whatever before sending
any of these SysEx files to your synth. These .syx files will replace all 64
patches in your DW-8000.
- Make sure parameter 84 (MIDI channel) is set to 1.
- Make sure parameter 85 (Enable) is set to 2 (All).
- Make sure the write-enable switch on the back of the synth is set to allow
writing to memory.
- Use a SysEx utility to transfer the .syx files to your DW-8000. I use
MIDI-OX for Windows.
- To save the Cubase SX Device files, right-click the link and Save As...